Hey there, mama.
If you’re feeling a little tired and not relishing the thought of dragging out a bunch of supplies, I have something for you!
All of the Home with Littles music activities are fairly straightforward, and have a theme. The idea is to be able enjoy music with your kids in a relaxed, enjoyable way, in your own home
The theme for this activity is BIRDS.
You can do these steps in any order, but what I suggest is:
Show your little the included photo (and discuss).
Listen to the bird sounds.
Listen to the music.
Move while listening - how do different birds move? If you have some flowing scarves, they will definitely make things more fun.
Some other things you can talk about:
Where have you seen birds?
Where do birds live?
What do birds eat?
What colors of birds have you seen?
What do birds keep in their nests?
Do you hear the birds in the music? Does it sound like a bird to you?
- Bird sounds
- Saint-Saëns: Carnival of the Animals, Aviary
- Prokofiev: Peter + the Wolf, The Bird
- Respighi: Gli uccelli (The Birds), Movt. V: Il cucu (the cuckoo)
- Leopold Mozart: Toy Symphony, Movt. I, Allegro
- enhances social + emotional development
- boosts imagination + creativity
- gives them an edge in areas like math, language and literacy